Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tango on the Beach


In exactly 7 days, we will be on a plane heading to Miami, Florida.

Top 5 things on my packing list:

Bikinis
Flip-flops
Sunscreen
Tango wear
3 pairs of CIFs

We were originally planning to go to the Denver festival but, at the very last minute, the visuals of zipping champagne by the pool and tangoing by the beach won us over. So Miami Tango Fantasy 2008 here we come! This will be our first tango festival away from home. Interestingly, it will also be my birthday. I used to spend my birthday in Miami every year with a group of single girlfriends. Our vacation included staying at a fancy hotel, dining at the trendiest restaurant and dancing at the hottest nightclubs. Awww... so much has changed since I started tango. I've had to rack my brain to come up with good excuses why I can't vacation with them anymore. "Ohhh that sounds wonderful but I'm so swamped with work.".... "I would love to but I just don't have the funds right now." or "I wish I could but I think I'm coming down with the flu." It took me a long time but I think I can finally confess to them... "I don't want to go because I'd rather TANGO." To be honest, I've lost touch with a few friends because my idea of fun and relaxation no longer revolves around drinking and dancing with hot men. Well let me rephrase that.... it's more about the dancing.... with much less drinking and there'll almost be room for hot men (if they can dance that is). So I'm going back to Miami and, for the first time, I do not plan leave the confines of my hotel. It'll be all about the beach, the lessons and the milongas.

...and maybe we'll finally get to tango on the beach.

8 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

Before you lovelies go to Miami and me to Denver, we should pop that bottle of Luis Roederer Vintage Rose 2000.

I expect to see some nice tan after the memorial day weekend.

:-)

AlexTangoFuego said...

Hear that great big sucking noise? That's the suckage right now in Alex's life...and not going to Miami...or Denver...

Anonymous said...

Tango on sand, or in the water is great fun, but you really have to slow things down... A fast boleo will cause the follower to drill herself into the sand!

Malena said...

Hello boys!!

Tan it is, TP. This is our #2 priority while in Miami.
Tango, beach and champagne, hey, it doesn't get better than that!

Alex, dear, we'll miss you! But there is always next time... And then you are coming!

David, I never really thought about that! But thanks for the heads up - we'll try to tone it down, not too many boleos on the sand.

Besos to all!!

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Have fun girls! Wish I could go...

Eva said...

Thanks Elizabeth! Wish you could come too! ; )
How about BsAs in Nov? TP will be there too.

tangobaby said...

Have a great time! Can you tango ON the beach?!

Malena said...

I've wondered that myself, but we'll find out and report back! Hope you have been well, dear TB! Xoxo!