Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Open Air


He loves me. I am his hopes, his dreams, his life. He wants us to start a life together. He says he dreams of the time when he will learn to dance. So that I am his in every way. And not dance with anyone else.

Suddenly I am struggling for air. I am terrified. I felt the space rapidly closing in front of me. I can't do it.

I never had to think about this before. I longed to belong. I always thought that my desire for openness was a means to an end and would ultimately lead to a sweet surrender. Now I just need to feel the limitless space around me... Indefinitely. To have any possible tanda I want, any impossible tanda I dream of... Is there a successful union of love and our tango identity?

Is tango an expression of freedom? Does it represent our spirited nature, that side of us that refuses to be tamed??

I want it to be open, so open that the horizon can contain anything... So open that if I set my spirit free, it can go anywhere...

8 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Eva said...

This is a gorgeous post M!
Let's dance like butterflies this weekend!

luv,
E

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

For you, Malena

http://nyctango.blogspot.com/2008/05/por-malena.html

Alex said...

Hola Malena...it's a great feeling to be loved...but...if he actually said "and not dance with anyone else"...that's not a good sign...

Love and tango...it takes both a very special woman...and a very special man...a man cannot wish or hope to cage a butterfly...

We all know the saying..."if you love someone, set them free..."

Malena said...

So then the one will be the man who will allow a woman all this freedom. And for whom she will be ready to give it up because of that - just like if you are not trying to catch a butterfly it might, just by its own volition, land in your hand...
Love to all! M

Frini & Dimitris said...

Hello Malena
We wish that your life will always be full with love and tango. These two have the same attitude. Their favorit e game is that they can be butterflies now,and tigers on the next moment.
We like very much your blog. Actually we put a link to our site.
Find us..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT_TtsC_TpY

http://www.geocities.com/tangoargentino_chania

Tango embraces

Malena said...

Dear Dimitris, thank you for the nice words... Amazing video!
Besos!

Anonymous said...

nice post. would love to learn tango