Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Short Film About Love & Tango



I stumbled upon this adorable short film by a tango couple today.

The video was shot at the South Street Seaport by Pier 16. It really brought back fond memories of last summer for me. The relaxing atmosphere attracted dancers of all levels and all ages. Most people dressed casually, some wore dance sneakers and I opted for tango shoes with a slightly chunkier heel. No matter how practical it may seem..... I'm just not a sneaker girl. So ladies, please leave your stilletos at home. Your heels will definitely get stuck in the gaps between the old wooden planks.

I think this historic waterfront is the perfect backdrop for a milonga. The old ships... the smell of salty air... and especially when the DJ plays earlier recordings, it can really transport you back in time.

Tango Porteno should start again sometime in May and we'll be checking the schedule on Richard Lipkin's website.

(BTW, you can spot Malena dancing in this video.)

2 comments:

AlexTangoFuego said...

Nice...

Ko said...

Oh yes, I remember adding this link to our facebook site. I loved it.

It seems that our comeback in '09 is more than likely, helped by the current economic situation the redevelopment plan has a tough go... good for us! There is a group on FB which I plan on updating as the day nears. Stay tuned.

See you on the floor,
Ko