Monday, April 28, 2008

Places we'd like to tango


The Airport
We thought of this one on our way back from Buenos Aires while waiting for our flight. We just might have to write the (Ezeiza) Ministro Pistarini International Airport and suggest a Tango Lounge. Last tanda in Buenos Aires anyone?



The Grand Central Terminal
Ahh.. the hustle and bustle. Wouldn't it be beautiful to dance to a live tango orchestra playing in that grand space?



Subway platforms
I'm usually listening to tango on my ipod waiting for the train. While trying hard not to let my foot tap too much, I often think to myself... "If only I can find a tanguero right now, I would totally do it right here."



The Yoga Studio
I love yoga but I can't help thinking about tango everytime I see that perfect wooden floor with candles lit in all corners.



Supermarkets
I must admit... I will never look at another shopping cart the same way again... thanks to that italian short film Perdizione.



The Staten Island Ferry
Trip time: Approx. 25 minutes. That should be enough time for a couple of tandas... right?



The Boardwalk at Sunset
Who wouldn't love to tango with the warm ocean breeze?



The Empire State Building Observatory
Imagine tangoing on top of the world.

10 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

E,

Good post. I once danced with some one a milonga on the street of Chinatown early AM. With a couple of glasses of Champagne, all these places look damn good. And I think the Broadwalk at Sunset is best spot. The mood is right for a good Vals.

Eva said...

TP, where is this milonga in Chinatown in the early am?? It'd be a good morning to tango over some dimsum!

We just might have to book Tangocamp in Greece to dance by the ocean at sunset. ; )

Anonymous said...

You know you're a tango junkie when your first thought at seeing a smooth floor is "I could totally tango here".

Eva said...

Ahh Johanna... we are tango junkies indeed!
A smooth floor and a smooth leader.... what more can we ask for? ; )

Anonymous said...

I love love love this post!
There is something really special about dancing outside or in large open spaces. It's worth the damage it does to you shoes and knees.

Eva said...

Thanks Maria! Yeah its definitely hard on the knees... I guess its the price to pay for dancing outdoors.

tangobaby said...

What a super incredible post!!! I want to dance in all of those places, too, now. Let me know when you start setting up your own milongas...they will be the best.

Eva said...

Hi TB,

Hope you're doing ok. I've been thinking about you.

Funny, we just had a conversation wih a milonga organizer last night about all our ideas. So we shall see..... we just might be tangoing at one of these places soon. ; )

La Nuit Blanche said...

and don't forget about this one!!

park avenue armory

koolricky said...

I have danced in many grand and sumptuous places but I can never forget when I was in a hostel in the Highlands in Scotland. The dining room is perched over Loch Tay and over the glass you can see the tranquil Loch Tay and Ben Lawers, Scotland third biggest mountain with the last bit of snow reflecting the last rays of the crepuscule.
That one is still to be matched!