Sunday, August 26, 2007

This is your brain on tango shoes...



AIM - Tuesday, 11:15 am

Eva: Look at these turquoise shoes!

Malena: Sooooo pretty! Never heard of that brand before...

Eva: Saw it on Tango Shoe Diva, haven't heard of them either...

Malena: How much?

Eva: Ugh! the whole site is in french. With current exchange rate... it comes out to around $200+ a pair.

Malena: ...but I just bought two pairs of Neotangos last night at Felina shoes. Can't believe I am looking at more shoes...

Eva: OMG! look at the ones with the black ribbon ties ... I need those!

Malena: Eva! why did you send me this link??? This is crazy... do we really need another pair? I am running out of room on my shoe rack.

Eva: So get another shoe rack. I'm in love! Noone will have that turquoise color!

Malena: Ok, I'm placing an order for the turquoise and the black cutouts. But that will be it!!!! (... for now)

Eva: Girlfriend! I said NO ONE will have that turquoise color ... and that includes you. : )

Malena: (&#%*@) Fine! you did see them first. I'll get the green strappies.

Eva: Muchas gracias! Ya know Malena .... this would be a lot less costly if we just pick them up ourselves in BsAs.

Malena: Hmmm, oh really??

Eva: Well, if we both buy 7 pairs of shoes there... the money we'll save would pay for our flights!! ; )

Malena: Hmmm... very interesting Eva. I haven't thought about it that way.... but have to admit... you're making a whole lot of sense to me right now.

(10 minutes go by)

Eva: Ok!!! Found an overnight direct flight for the dates discussed.

Malena: ;-) Awesome! Let's book!

Eva: Hee hee... a friend just sent me a link for this really cute top.


(It says... Will (@&#%!) for shoes)

3 comments:

La Nuit Blanche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm thinking of subletting my manhattan apartment so i can go to BA and buy shoes. (oh yeah, and go to the milongas, too.) hehe.

i went to a wedding a few weeks ago in my pink comme il faut maryjanes. after 4 hours of dancing, i was the only girl left standing tall! (everyone else had taken their heels off, limping around). i felt like a goddess.

almost felt like turning around at the exit, and saying,

"sayonara, suckas!"

;)

Eva said...

I also wear my tango shoes to parties. So I'm ready to bust-a- move... all night long! Subletting your apt sounds like a great plan and spending the afternoon at the Comme Il Faut showroom is definitely something worth experiencing!