Monday, September 10, 2007

@$&# Dope!


So I was at this milonga a week ago. I spotted one of the tangueros I usually dance with from across the room. As he walked closer to me, I waved him down and yelled out, "Hey there... how are you?? You look great! When did you cut your hair??? That's a good look for you!" He smiled and said... "Hi. Thanks... hmmm, I didn't realize my hair was that long." I just repeatedly told him he looked great because this guy's hair was down to his shoulders the last time I saw him (not a good look if your hair is thinning on top). He stood next to me for a while waiting for the next tanda to start then asked me to dance.

I noticed right away his lead was smoother and he seemed to have added a few new tricks to his usual routine. I was totally perplexed... I knew I hadn't seen him for a few weeks... perhaps he'd just gotten back from an intensive tango camp???
When the first song ended, he said to me, "It's really a pleasure dancing with you. Is this your first time here? I hadn't seen you before." My head started to scream ..."OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!" I took a few moments to collect myself because my face was starting to turn bright red; I was trying really hard not to burst into laughter (I do that when I am really embarrassed). I finished the tanda and tried to play it off like I was just some bubbly, ultra friendly tanguera. Of course, I lied and said I'd seen him there before. Well a half lie... because I swear the other guy could be his identical twin.

The up side to the story is that his twin is a very good dancer and I got to add him to my dance card for this milonga. But seriously, how pathetic am I? I can't recognize a man by his face but I CAN... by the way he dances???

(... I really need to get my eyes checked.)

besos,
Eva

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. I love that story. Actually, I like all your stories. :)

Tanguero Max